Tuesday, August 28, 2012

There is No Question

This past weekend, my husband, our daughter and I went camping with my side of the family. There were 9 of us in total and it was a picture-perfect weekend, weather-wise. We had never gone camping as a family before and I was glad our little one loved it so we can look forward to doing it again. It was my first time in about 15 years and I was shocked at how difficult some things had become since I got so fat. I wasn't trying to dwell on it, but there was no getting around it. For me, the best part of the weekend was sleeping on the air mattress! I was in a beautiful wooded setting with my favorite people on earth, and my favorite part was sleeping. We walked to the beach and I panicked when I saw the last stretch we had to walk was a big hill going down to the lake. All I could think of was that I'd have to walk back UP. Walking down was hard enough. Seriously, who else gets out of breath walking DOWN a hill? We took the long way back. Really long. But fewer hills. I felt like such a slow, fat, ball and chain. Every time I have something like this happen, which is more and more frequently, I know there is no question that this surgery is the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment