Monday, September 10, 2012

I'm Not Crazy. My Mother Had Me Tested.

This past Thursday was my first Psych appointment. I had no idea what to expect. People online talk about having to answer hundreds of questions about all kinds of things. Some talk about a brief meeting where they are put on the spot to answer a few quick questions before being sent on their way... my appointment was nothing like either of these. The psychologist was a very pleasant elderly man who made me feel so comfortable, I almost didn't want to leave! We talked about my family, my lifestyle, and the things I've learned about the surgery I'm having. We chatted and made what seemed like small talk for 45 minutes, but he was taking notes the entire time. We ended the session with him telling me that he feels I am very committed, informed and ready for my surgery and all the changes it will bring. My next session is this Friday and at that appointment, he will prepare his report, let me read it (which I found surprising) and submit it to the surgeon's office.

On Friday I had my A1C blood work done. Two hours and four needle sticks! The technicians at the lab were very pleasant, though, and made me very comfortable. I was so extremely tired, I nearly fell asleep several times. I hope that, if they do find something in my blood work that's making me feel so tired, that we can fix it.

Now, all I can do is wait for the surgeon's office to get their reports from the PSYCH and NUT and then they will schedule the rest of my tests <hums Jeopardy theme>...

No comments:

Post a Comment